BSc Hons Rdg FRSA FMHC MRi MIET MIEEE MBCS MCybS MIAP
I am a technologist who speaks plain English. I sometimes play the Bagpipes too!
I engage with stakeholders at every level to ensure that operational objectives are achieved. Having worked with a wide variety of clients in an equally wide variety of sectors for over a decade, my breadth of experience helps me to bring teams together and solve key challenges.
Unique Value Proposition
Qualifications are all well and good, but how does that help you?
I allow your team to focus on duties that are best suited for people.
I help your team to obtain a data first and DevOps mindset, so that they can better understand and improve success metrics.
I upskill your team so that they have the skills and mindset required for a data driven environment.
In short, I automate the boring stuff so that your people can better add value.
Want some more details? My key technical skills include;
- CI/CD; CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Concourse
- SQL; MySql, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- Raspberry Pi
- Operating system & third party software, admin, installation, version upgrades, patches, performance analysis and optimisation.
- Debian, Ubuntu, RHEL
- RDBMS, internet services (such as web, SMTP, FTP), firewall, game (such as Minecraft), Virtualisation, Containerisation, Enterprise backup. LAMP.
- Server; Firewall, AD & Exchange, configuration & management.
- Client, Xp to 10; install, configuration, troubleshooting.
- Managed Switches, Routers, WiFi Planning & Deployment, Cabling.
- Unifi, HP, Netgear, Draytek, Zyxel, Draytek, Cisco, Netgear.
- EPoS; Zonal, Micros, Verifone.
- TCP, IP, SNMP, DNS, SMTP, NTP, DHCP.
I founded Geek.Zone in 2013 with the aim of connecting geeky people. Some still erroneously think that “geek” is a pejorative term, and why should it be? After all, a geek is someone who is knowledgeable, passionate and interested. Are these not positive qualities? Are these not the characteristics that are needed in order to improve society and the planet?
Since 2013, Geek.Zone has
- Grown to three Districts around Britain.
- Touched the lives of thousands of people.
- Been recognised with UK registered charity status.
- Been awarded membership of internationally recognised organisations, such as OpenUK, Creative Commons & The Open Source Initiative.
Our next step is to open Geek.Zone/01 in Coventry, our first 24/7 community hub. Support us now!
Aside from technology, my interests are somewhat varied. They include classic motoring, ranging from my beautiful 1982 Mini HLE, up to the Routemaster, which I have had the good fortune to have a go at driving!
I also play the Great Highland Bagpipes. I do understand that this is quite a “Marmite” instrument, however they have taken me on some great adventures, such as folk festivals across Europe and hundred-piper massed bands.
One of my earliest passions is certainly aviation. The mechanics and engineering that goes into every square centimetre of an aircraft design is simply stunning. I am certainly looking forward to attaining my Private Pilots Licence!
If you feel like doing something awesome for me for any reason, I would be very grateful of a gift via any of these great places!
Please Don’t Send Me A Card! Physical greetings cards go in the bin within a few days, so sending an ecard via Don’t Send Me A Card instead allows you to support my favourite charity, Geek.Zone.
The best way to contact me is to select a time for us to talk.